Erin Dodge strives to provide a comfortable, friendly environment for both Customers and Employees with a strong focus on fairness, honesty and just doing things right...the first time.
If you feel you have skills or experience to offer Erin Dodge and wish to join our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include a covering letter to help us get a better feel for what you have to offer Our Dealership.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Title: Automotive Salesperson
Reports To: Dealer/Sales Manager
The Automotive Salesperson will be directly responsible for selling New & Used vehicles at Dealership gross and volume standards. This position includes three broad areas of activity:
- Personal work habits
The Automotive Salesperson represents the Dealership in a complete sales capacity, assuming full responsibility for generating prospects, handling sales presentation, closing of sale, and delivery of the vehicle to the customer.
- Realize that business is built on Customer Satisfaction and devote yourself to guaranteeing satisfaction to yours and the Dealership's Customers.
- Establish personal income goals, using past salary, commission, and bonus as a basis.
- Establish how many Cars & Trucks, both New & Used, must be sold to reach earnings goals; then establish the number of demonstrations, appraisals, new hot prospects, and people who must be seen face-to-face to reach established goals.
- Develop a creative method or program of action that will reach predetermined goals in the allocated time.
- Review and analyse actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year, to determine how to better utilize time or plan more effectively.
- Report to Management concerning objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analyses as requested.
- Greet Customers upon entering the showroom - be pleasant and maintain a helpful attitude.
- Make presentations to prospective Customers - be helpful, courteous, and understanding. Treat every prospect as a Customer, thereby treating all people with respect.
- Plan demonstration routes and give adequate demonstrations.
- Seek a Sales Manager's help in difficult sales situations and their approval in transactions as required.
- Submit all paperwork as soon as possible after deal is consummated. Check for neatness and accuracy. Be certain all required papers are attached before submitting to Sales Manager.
- Make no promises that you, the Dealership, or the product cannot fulfil.
- Be prepared when you are delivering your own sales. Conduct a tour for your Customer's knowledge, and familiarity of the other Departments and facilities at the Dealership, such as Service Centre, Parts and Collision Centre.
- Be cooperative with Personnel in other Departments of the Dealership.
- Keep the Sales Managers informed of your activities and your whereabouts anytime you leave the showroom during your shift time.
- Handle Customer complaints within prescribed policies. Follow all established procedures.
- Be prepared to attend various functions of a promotional or training nature (ie. Auto Show, Exhibits, Training Conferences, etc.).
- Maintain an Owner follow-up system that encourages repeat business and makes the Owner conscious of the Salesperson so that the Customer will refer leads and prospects.
- Maintain a prospect development system, one which includes a group of prospect locators and sales associates.
- Understand the terminology of the automotive business and keep abreast of technological changes in the products.
- Familiarize yourself with current new products and Customer benefits of new features, accessories, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with competitive products, including equipment, prices, models, series, and trading practices.
- Attend all sales meetings promptly as to the scheduled date and time.
- Know and understand equity and values, and be able to explain depreciation to the Customer.
- Work with the Service Department in accordance with Dealership policy, emphasizing to the Customer the quality and availability of repairs offered by the Service Centre.